The Fujifilm FinePix AV100 is an entry-level digital camera that has a Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens and features 12-megapixels, a 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD, high sensitivity settings of up to ISO 3200, High Definition (HD) movies at 720p with sound and still shots in 16:9 that can be played back on any HD ready television.
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 12MP 3x Optical Zoom Digital Camera Features and Specifications
- Effective pixels : 12.2 megapixels
- LCD monitor : 2.7-inch wide, Approx. 230,000 dots color LCD monitor
- Lens: Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, F2.9 (Wide) – F5.2 (Telephoto)
- Lens focal length : f=5.7 – 17.1mm, equivalent to 32 – 96mm on a 35mm camera
- Digital zoom :Approx. 6.3x (up to 18.9x when combined with optical zoom)
- Aperture : Wide: F2.9 / F8.8, Telephoto: F5.2 / F16.0 with ND Filter
- Sensitivity: Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Image stabilizer : Digital Image Stabilization
- Capture 720p HD movies with sound
- Panoramic Shooting mode – Allows users to stitch three photos together to create a panoramic image
- Scene Recognition Auto – Detects the scene type and shooting conditions
- Face Detection – Ensures the settings are optimized for the people in the picture
- Natural Light mode – Made for candid shots taken in a low-setting
- Digital interface : USB 2.0 High-speed
- Power supply : 2x AA type alkaline batteries (included)
- Dimensions : 3.7 (W) x 2.4 (H) x 1.1 (D) in
- Weight : 4.2 ounces (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
When researching the Fujifilm FinePix AV100 Digital Camera we found over 15 reviews online and the average user rating was 4.0 out of 5 stars. 4.0 stars is a pretty good rating but there were definitely some pros and cons to this camera.
Most reviewers agree that the Fuji Camera has an attractive price point for all the features that come with the camera. It is easy to use with good image stabilization, decent image quality both in still and video modes for a compact camera.
There were a few drawbacks to the camera that some people pointed out. Firstly, the indoor shooting quality is average – all point and shoot type don’t do well at low light either. If you plan to do a lot of indoor or low light shooting, get a DSLR. Secondly, there is no viewfinder and this makes taking photos in a bright sun not easy. Thirdly, the batteries run out pretty fast and recommended to invest in AA charger.
At $70 this camera is a bargain and it even comes with 720p video capability. Judging on reviewers comments, it seems to perform reasonably well for a compact camera. If you just need an entry level camera then the FinePix AV100 should be in your shortlist.
Where To Buy Fujifilm FinePix AV100 12MP 3x Optical Zoom Digital Camera
The Fujifilm FinePix AV100 is available at online stores like Amazon.com and the best way to decide if this is a good camera or not is to visit the Amazon page and look at all the reviews and the manufacturers description. It is the best place to study the camera because of the huge community at Amazon that reviews its purchases. Click on the links below to visit the product website for additional information and special offers. You can also compare prices from the numerous retailers by clicking on the More Priceslink.
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 12MP 3x Optical Zoom Digital Camera (Silver)
Fujifilm FinePix AV100 12MP 3x Optical Zoom Digital Camera (Black)